Monday, January 5, 2009

Fiction Book prt. 8

Another interesting question I have come across in the back of the book is...

"Why would Grace want the letters to be destroyed?

Shouldn't Mattie tell someone about the letters as soon as Grace's body is fished from the lake?

Why doesn't she?"

I think Grace would want the letters to be destroyed because they show a past that she want's to be erased from her memory. The person she's in love with maybe hurt her in some way, this might cause Grace to feel angry and hurt and want the letters to be destroyed.

I thought at first Mattie should have told someone about Grace's letters after her body was discovered. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. But now that I keep reading and putting two and two together, maybe Mattie's doing the right thing by not showing the letters to anyone because Mattie seems to be a logical girl who could solve the mystery as to what happened with Grace and why she was killed.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

I don't know if I'd tell anyone about the letters if they were involved in the murder. I'd be afraid of the circumstances surrounding the letters. Also, the letters could have said something bad about Grace and Mattie didn't want to make her look bad after she was dead.